Monday, May 01, 2006

Comfortable as an Old Boot...


Well - 35 years have now passed since I first entered the world - I was born and a very early age, I was 7lbs, 7oz (I'm significantly heavier now) early that Saturday Morning at the Hotel Dieu in Chatham, my folks were visiting My Nanny and Grampie Flynn in St. Margaret's when the time came.

35 years seems like a long time - I spent last week recounting stories from my past to the youth of Charlotte Co. It was a great experience - I probably got as much out of it as they did. maybe more. Anyways looking back - I've done some good living, had alot of laughs and met some great people - I guess that's all any of us can ask for.

So as far as I'm concerned today is Mother's day and Father's day all rolled into one - As we are currently going through the very same sleep deprived stage that My parents must have gone through all those many nights ago - It takes alot of work to raise a child (and alot of People), and I was a handful - so thanks Mom and Dad for the guidance, the unending support and for always telling me that "good things come in small packages" - I always thought I understood, but it seems a whole lot clearer now.

I didn't feel old this morning - I felt comfortable, what a wonderful feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Scottie. Didn't have much chance to talk today as I had a bit of a day. Between cheque day and 14 case manager's cases, I felt a little stretched. It was my Dad's birthday today. He was 78 years old. I called him early at work and we had a little chat. He had a big day planned. They laughed because I missed wishing him a happy birthday first. My oldest sister called on Sunday, just to edge me out. It is good to be the only boy so you know your place in the pecking order. Good to hear about your trip to Charlotte County. Sounds like it was fun for you and the kids seemed to enjoy it. See you tomorrow.
John O