Thursday, April 12, 2007

Like a Deer Caught In The Headlights...

Dad used to use this expression to describe the blank look that people sometime get on their faces when asked a tough, or misunderstood question - The picture is from my parents trip "Up North" last week - I've felt a little like this recently as well - so here's a quick recap
Sophie is now 1 - She got a playhouse, that looked smaller in Toys R us than it does in our living room, I needed Aaen's Help to get it to Fort Awesome and to put it together. We had a small get together for family, Sophie got her first taste of Angel Food Cake and she got some really nice stuff.

Then Nic and I went on an esteem team tour to the Miramichi - it was fun, talked to around 1500 students and set a new un-official world record for standing on a yellow ball, passing a rugby ball back and forth with a student Volun-told ( a volunteer that is told to participate) the previous record was 22, the new record is now 54.

We returned just in time to go to Moncton to celebrate Rick's big night and give Aunt Megs her first taste of babysitting Sophie- Thanks Megs. it was a great night (see previous post)

I attended my first Black Spruce training at the Dundee Dome in Moncton - I have to remember how a 180 lb person plays rugby - I still play like I weigh 210 - I was sore the next day, which I always enjoy - it usually means you've done something worthwhile and tested your limits.

Then Came Nic's first day back at work and Sophie's first day of "Daycare" - was less traumatic than anticipated, most things are, and both of my girls are happy that they've started a old/new chapter in their lives.

The week flew by, and suddenly it was Good Friday, Malcolm, Simon and I replaced the secret Bookcase in my basement with a wall - which turned out well.

Sunday we all went to Church, then visited with my Nanny Flynn and my Godfather Mike, we then followed this up by heading to Gagetown (Where the MacAfee's and Breens would be congregating later) for a short visit before heading down to Moncton to feast (on Ham and Potato Cassarole) with the McLeans and Daigles - we returned home in time to get Sophie to bed and catch the tail end of the Simpsons - It was quite a day - but we got to see almost everyone we know, so that was good...















Tuesday rolled around and we were back to work - we're going to try to work out 3 days a week on our lunch hours - I'm going to add some muscles to my frame.

That's about it - I've got some thoughts on my Boss in Bolivia and the local Soldiers that were killed in Afghanistan, but they both deserve their own blogs...

No comments: