Friday, August 20, 2010

Cheeseburgers, Grace and Possibility Goggles...


I have been inspired lately, all the cool things going on in the world – I’ve decided that this will be forum that I share some of them with anyone interested in donning a pair of goggles and exploring the world with me.
A colleague of mine introduced me to the idea of possibility goggles a few months ago – I’ve been applying them to my life daily, sometimes I forget to put them on, sometimes they work too well, but most times they provide a fresh perspective on a situation or event.

I think that the old Adidas ad refers to “Impossible is nothing” - which would lead me to think that “Possibility is Everything” – That’s the story on the goggles.

As for the “Grace” – I see grace as a calm acceptance of the things that have happened, and how we deal with those things, good or bad, it’s a attitude that whatever happened was supposed to happen, and that everything is unfolding the way it should.

As for Cheeseburgers – I can’t say enough good things about those tasty bastards, although unlike Possibility Goggles and Grace you shouldn’t try to make them a part of your everyday life…here the reprise –

I always find that if you dwell on an idea, you are usually able to see more than a few ways to look at it – try these on for size. I started thinking about Cheeseburgers (Something that is always so good, but temporary) Grace (how you handle the bad times) and Possibility Goggles (always looking for the best in everything) – or more simply put: Deal with the past, be hopeful for the future and enjoy the now – Just Eat The Cheeseburger, use two hands...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so True
glad to see you back

Uncle John