Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Great Escape...


Halloween gives us a chance to act like someone else (or at least look like someone else) maybe someone inside of us we wish we could be, maybe someone we are glad we are not– either way it is a great escape (also a good holiday for those in need of Candy).

I think it's good for people to be able to step away from their everyday roles, for short periods, if only to appreciate what they've got, and see that even though the grass may look greener on the other side, the lawn still needs mowing.

I have always loved getting dressed up, and spending tons of my childhood @ the Pacey’s there was no lack of things to dress up as. Peter has heaps of cool things to dress up as. Simon and I would often be police officers, bank robbers, Pirates or hobos or something simple – this may have led me, as an adult to become a huge fan of Halloween – I loved getting outfitted as a super hero, the Flash (As the flash I enjoyed running around downtown, asking people if they needed anything done quickly, only a few got the joke but I was having fun.) , Superman, Wolverine, Robin, Batman – Nic and I have also had some good costumes: The mummies, The Flintstones (the Jackmans were the Rubbles) and this year we were an awesome Witch and a Warlock (Which is a non-Unionized Wizard).

Halloween is a worldwide costume party, or in Australia I guess it would be a Fancy Dress Party? They say that for that day the line between the dead and the living is blurred, so we get dressed up so we don't notice all the ghouls walking around the streets? I don't know - I'm still trying to get rid of the 73 mini bars that didn't get passed out.


Sophie also got into the spirit and was a very scary Dragon - Hope everyone enjoyed their night off, and don't eat all your candy at one sitting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, I will totally take those mini bars off your hands...what you got? ;)
Thanks for bringing the Soph/dragon over for a visit!

Wonder Woman

Tracey, Peter, Ava, Leah & Hudson said...

Looks like Ava and Sophie have the same taste in costumes! I must say they make the most adorable dragons! :)