Wednesday, February 21, 2007

February Blues...

I don't really Know what it is with February - maybe it's that there is no Stat. Holiday, maybe it's that it is a short month and people are just trying to get through it, maybe people are a little put off that the 29th only happens every forth year, or maybe it is still winter and it seems like Spring is never going to arize - what ever it is, it is apparent at work and at home - February is a long boring month.
I work hard at being positive everyday - some days it's easy, some days it's a challenge, in July the easy days are plentiful, in February the Challenging days seem to out number those easy days - but they do make those easy sunny days in the Spring way more appreciated.

Last week we did a self assesment called Insights it told me that I was Yellow Red Green Blue - and it provided me with a entire book about me - it nailed my personality to a T - a little Eerie Indiana if you get my drift. But overall it was very cool - learned alot about my team here at work and why my style doesn't always work for everybody.

Back at Fort Awesome - we finally found some Childcare for the Munchkin - we finished with the Antibiotics and we got some full nights of sleep. Nic has finally come out from under the sickness cloud as well - so My folks took care of TTW so that we could go cross country skiing - it was the first time in two years and our bodies and minds were thankful (except for our heels -which have since blistered) The weight loss continues - I'm down 21 lbs as of Tuesday- we'll be going shopping this weekend to get me some smaller pants.

Alot of people (Nic's Folks and The DHB for example) are heading south and I'm a little envious- but I'm reading a Jimmy Buffet Novel and he paints a nice picture - and has been influencing my dreams for a couple of weeks now.

Dreaming of the February Blue water of the south seas...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuba is on my pyramid Scott.. I think Sophie would love it on our resort ;)

Good to hear the family is feeling better, seems like everyone is getting sick. We have 2 coworkers out (with a staff of 7, that's a lot. Keep up the blogg, I'm lovin' it!

Anonymous said...

Dirty hot plogg? I meant dhb there..

Scott MacAfee said...

I thought you were reffering to your Dirty Hot Pyramid.