Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Cold as a Whore’s Heart…

It’s getting cold out, and I don’t like it one bit- besides the fact that I have yet to find a suitable winter jacket, it’s dark by the time I leave work and you can no longer get away with just wearing shorts when you leave the house.

Other expressions for being cold that make me smile are "Brass Monkey Weather" - first time I heard this it was uttered by Mal's dad - we laughed about it a bunch, but we laughed about everything. Another more puzzleing expression is "cold as a Witch's tit" - that makes no sense at all.

I’d always almost rather be warm, than cold – except when you’re trying to sleep then being a little cold is awesome.

I think that I've got some island blood in my veins - I'd love to be laying in a hammock on some desserted Island rignt now. I think Sophie could also appreciate the Hammock, if she ever stood still for a second.

Summer is only 4 or 5 months away, although we did BBQ Steaks tonight so how far off can summer actually be.

I love a good snow storm but I'd always rather be hot off the press than cool as a cucumber, if you catch my drift...

No comments: