Sunday, January 28, 2007

You Are What You Eat...


This was said to me alot by various people in my life over the course of my formative years - this isn't a whole truth - you are what you drink would have been more appropriate - as discussed previously (human body being 80% water and all) but it does bear a gem of a hidden truth as most of these messages do if you dig deep enough.

If you eat crap you'll feel like crap, if you eat too much fat, you're most likely overweight - if all you eat is potatoes, you'll most likely bear a slight resemblance to a potato - but I digress. The point of this expression was to encourage me to eat healthy so I would in turn be healthy - makes alot of sense. I'm constantly amazed at how many miracle diets, and 7 minute workout dvds I see advertised on TV - weight loss isn't rocket science, or maybe it is - if you want to get your body to perform, give it the appropriate fuel, it will takes months to get to where you want to go, and you'll need to surround yourself with a good crew to be successful. If you eat healthy food (In healthy portions) and exercise more than you relax - you'll probably lose weight.

I've been trying to be better for a month now - my diet hasn't changed dramatically - I no longer eat three mcmuffins for breakfast, followed by two or three PB and J sandwiches after I eat my lunch - I try to control how much I eat of the foods I love and exercise daily - so far so good - i've been to the gym every weekday morning for the past 19 weekdays and I've shed 14 lbs. I'm aiming to lose 12 more - so I'll keep watching my portions. I'm not trying to say that losing weight is easy - it really isn't, the theory is simple - the practical aspect and the follow through is the hard part. Like anything difficult it has it's rewarrds though.

Sophie is doing amazing - she is very close to saying "dada" - she has 8 teeth on the way in and she is standing all by her self without holding onto anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here you are out today. I am home keeping you company. Impressive start to your weight loss program. Congrats.

John O