Wednesday, May 30, 2007

All Dogs Go To Heaven...

Last Saturday Night - the smallest member of the McLean's was tragically run over and killed on the road in the Miramichi - Basil was a crazy little dog with huge personality, he was as cute as the day is long and he will be missed. Losing a pet sucks - especially a dog, as they are the most dedicated pets out there and they become such a big part of your life when they are there.
My heart goes out to Jenn and Trev-I guess God needed a great lap dog.

I've been lucky my family has always had dogs, I've gotten to know how much of a good friend a dog or dogs can be. They are always excited to see you, they like to cuddle on the couch, they are always up for Junk food (Milk bones) they are fantastic alarm clocks, even when you are trying to sleep in, they'll run with you and give you kisses when you are feeling bad. Dogs give us all a good example of how to love unconditionally.

So I go to bed tonight, thinking and praying for Basil (And Jenn and Trev), Jenn and Trev's Badger - you little bastard - you were a great dog - you're on the big couch in the sky now - we miss you... (especially Simon)

No comments: