Saturday, September 09, 2006

Doggedly Determined...


I guess the expression stems from Man's best friend - the dog, who never gives up, and always aims to please, to keep up the chase until they've found the fox, or until they get that Milk Bone.


This is another one of those "Hard Wired" things - when someone mentions determination - the little voice always echos "Doggedly Determined" - I must have heard it enough growing up that it's written on the back of my mind.

Determination is a fantastic quality, and I see real examples daily in my job, people succeding through sheer tenacity, against adversity to reach a goal that is constantly an arm's length away. I also see everyday examples of those that except what is told or given to them, and concede to the life that they've been handed rather than strive towards what they actually want their life to be.

There's something great to be said for NOT getting what you want, but there's nothing good you can say about accepting it. The world wouldn't be the way it is if people didn't fight through obstacles - those that are most admired now were once thought of as only-Brave and Crazy.

No comments: