Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Size of a Small European Automobile...

Today is unofficially the end of Summer, although it's been 12 years since I've been in school (UNB) , Labour Day always seems like a sad day to me. Not that it really is, I love fall, I love the hot days and cool nights, I love the smell of fall (Smells like rugby) and I love the new TV season is right around the corner. (I've recently become quite taken with the show "Grey's Anatomy" , it's a good show, and I've had a hole in my TV watching schedule since Third Watch ended, it premieres Sept. 21st. )

It's been a crappy day, Nic and I are both coming down with the Flu I think, maybe it's allergies, but my body aches and I've had a headache since I woke up - Sophie may also have a touch of something, because she has been up all day and very fussy -it was a marathon day of tv and we watched about 600 episodes of Project Runway today, there was also a CSI, CSI Miami, Beverly Hills 90210 and Friends Marathons on - but we decided on Project Runway.


The Loyalists won on Saturday 98-13, We all watched the game from under the scoreboard - It was a good performance but we still have to improve, because to win the Aliant league you have to win two on the rock, and winning one is a tough ask, just ask the Trojans, or the Prarie Fire or the Americans - anyways we're gearing up for Moncton this week, they are a strong club and it should be a good game.

On the Wedding front Danielle and Jamie's wedding was a smash. The bride and Groom looked awesome as you can plainly see, and I'm sure everybody had a great time, it's hard not too when the Flynn's get together.

Anywho to the title of the Blog - this is how my head feels on account of this headache, like a small european automobile - I always heard Dad say this about things that were bigger than they should be, but small never the less - I always thought that the cars in Europe were the same size as in North America, that is until we rented a car in Normandy in 1999. The car we rented was a Vauxhall and we tried to seat Dad, Jackman and Myself in the back of it as we toured the D-Day beaches, the car was a midsize, but I wouldn't like to see the compact, as to seat the three of us in the back seat, we had to roll down the windows and each have an arm out, we must have looked quite funny.

1 comment:

awareness said...

Hi there Scott.

I seemed to have slipped up and missed a few posts! I also missed you at work today......my first day back after a 3 week vacation that seemed like a long weekend.

Great writing Mr. Mad Mac. Thoughtful and full of you.

I love the Service poem. I had never read it before.

I also love the poem you posted for your cousin.

I love the pics of Sophie.

I love the pic of you in that goofy rugby helmut-y thing. It must've been difficult to pass the "torch" onto someone else.

I love September too.......but also feel the sadness of another summer ending. It truly is bittersweet.

Hope you're all feeling better. See you soon.