Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Could Eat an Apple Through a Picket Fence...

This is an expression that dad once said about someone who had a Gap in their front teeth, like me or himself or any of my uncles. It’s a funny visual to say the least, and what got me thinking about it, was dad and I building a long awaited fence at my house yesterday.

In July Aaen and I went to Kent with his Truck and picked up four sections of fence, a couple of 4x4s and a couple of Ground spikes, this was necessary as our neighbours “thinned” out the trees that secluded our backyard and deck from the street. So fast forward 5 months of procrastination and it took dad and I a couple of hours to erect the fence, with very little swearing and no major injury –

I have always been a procrastinator, which is actually a fairly silly thing to be – I put off doing the things that I dislike, or things that I don’t see as important – then weeks down the line I assume I’ll be able to get them done – except that they weren’t important and I didn’t want to do them weeks ago, so what has changed? Not much, except that I want to do the thing even less now and me getting it done has become important to someone.

I’ve been making an effort of late to set a goal – a SMART goal and achieve it ASAP – that way I’ll have more time to do the things that I think of as important – which undoubtedly involve Nic, Sophie, Family or Rugby…

1 comment:

jade said...

I hear from our customers is that it requires more maintenance than other styles of fence like vinyl, chain link and ornamental aluminum and steel fences.
fencing options