Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sharts...

Dad used to talk about these mythic things – they were hard to define and you really never knew what you were getting yourself into – kind of like the “Here I Sit Broken Hearted” poem – If you don’t know it, it may still be written at the University Ave. Pedestrian underpass (Uphill side of the street) – and if it isn’t there – ask a co-worker – someone knows it.

So last night Simon came over for dinner and to check out some pictures for the Awards Banquet (Saturday Night at the Clubhouse – talk to Malcolm Reeves for tickets) unfortunately for uncle Si, Sophie was not having a good night, she’s cutting teeth and not enjoying the experience – add to that a couple of meals of GREEN BEANS and she was up all night with the “Foops” – baby version or sharts. We have some great pictures of the season thanks to some dedicated photogs (Jodi, Greebles and Jorge) so I should be able to put something quite snappy together for the awards banquet- speaking of things that are snappy – here are a couple of Videos by Fergus (My Cousin) that I find quite entertaining.


This one Features my Cousin Lee and the Music is by a local Jam Band.


I am upriver again today in Victoria County – I am enjoying myself up here, the waking up at 6am, to get here on, time I could do without- but the drive was nice and the people are great.

As an aside:
Today, I ate at Kelley’s Place again - they have “World Famous Hamburger” – and truthfully it was very good, I’d never heard of it before yesterday, so I don’t know how truly famous it could be. On the other hand just because people know about you, doesn’t make you good – just well known or World Famous. They could easily back up their claim if they said “Perth’s Best Hamburger” because it was hands down the best hamburger I’ve ever eaten in Perth (Two days in a row, I’m a sucker for marketing) – hopefully those burgers won’t give me the Sharts.

No comments: