Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Fill Yer Boots...


This is a great expression – it means to take all you want, help yourself or be my guest – When I was growing up I always thought it meant to jump right in, as in jump right into the river and fill yer boots. I don’t know that I ever went fishing (as a child or and adult) and never fell in the river – that’s the measuring stick to know if you were having a good time, or having a GREAT time. The only time when filling your boots is not recommended would be when you are wearing chest waders and it’s early May – trust me on this.

So today I was up early thanks to Max – he was having an issue – maybe he was too jazzed up from the Dancing with the Stars Finale, or maybe it was that Shat pile of a Game show – whatever it was he required attention on numerous occasions, much like Sophie the previous night – I wish they would get there schedules aligned.

So I was up a lot through the night – then the alarm went off – 6am –and I was like “what the… oh yeah I’m working in Perth today” – so I drove to Perth to do a few Appointments. It was a lovely drive in the rain, and now it’s clearing off and the temperature is supposed to hit 15 degrees, which I'm sure it has. I almost took my jacket off on the walk back from lunch. (Kelley's Place - Good Cheeseburgers) which not too shabby for the 15th of November (if the weather could only hold out for 5 or 6 more months - I'd be a happy boy) – I am covering off for an employee out on training – which is great because it lets me get out of my office and do some different types of things.

My Sister is in Kiwi Land – having a great time with Katie, KELSEY and Sandra – Not an empty boot in that crew.

So here’s hoping that when someone offers you the opportunity; you "Fill Yer Boots" fill them high, maybe even catch a fish in them, wouldn't that be a treat – afterall how much fun can you have with Empty Boots…

No comments: