Monday, November 27, 2006

Something Wicked This Way Comes...


I have no idea where this expression comes from - all I could think of was that whoever first said it must have endured a NB winter - which is well on it's way. To that end we spent the weekend preparing for it, raking leaves, getting Christmas lights put up, cleaning out storage rooms and doing the recycling (Would be cool if F'ton. won the Recyclethon).

Or they could be saying it with a Surfer/Skate Punk tone - and talking about Sophie - she is totally wicked (As in Wicked Awesome) - She is a crawling machine and loves to be standing up (totally opposite from most MacAfees and a couple of Paceys I know) - she is working on her talking - "Ba" is her favorite/only word at the moment - we don't know what it means but we are eager for her to come up with more vocabulary so she can explain "Ba" to us. Maybe she picked up French from her Poppy and really likes her socks?

So I was thinking about winter, then long winter's naps, then naps (then I fell asleep...) I love naps, although I get to take them less frequently than I would like, they are still a treat.

Yesterday morning I had such a treat sophie had been up a few times through the night, then up for good at 7:50 am - so we ate and played and hung out - then about 10:30 am rolled around and Sophie was tired, so I thought that I'd grab a nap at the same time - it was magic - we both slept for 2 hours, it was a great way to start a Sunday.

Back in University I would actually schedule my days so I would have to get up for 8:30am classes every morning - just so I could come home at 2pm and nap for a few hours - wow that seems so far away now. Maybe that person was talking about a wicked nap they were about to take, who knows - sounds cool though...

No comments: