Monday, July 17, 2006

Put your Hand on the Glass and Feel the Pane...

This is a Malcolmism, although I'm sure it's borrowed - Today is Dad's birthday and as per tradition, he is spending it at Little Forks on the Little South West Miramichi, I'm sure he's enjoying a Coors Light and a Nap between all the fishing - have a GREAT DAY DAD.

Now back to the expression At first it seems that you'd be putting your hand in Broken glass and feeling pain, but as a play on words, a window is called a pane of glass - so there's the funny part. On Friday morning I was rear ended on Brunswick St. It was a crappy way to start the day, both for me and the young dude that wrote his car off on the back of the X-Trail - He was probably going 60 or 70 kms trying to get through the lights in sequence as you can on Brunswick if you are going the speed limit - Lucky for me (Quick Goat Thinking) I saw him coming and pulled over to the Keft, so he could have more room to stop, but he didn't and ran into the back right hand corner of the X-Trail - The lucky part was that the impact was absorbed in my torso rather than my neck and thanks to Rugby, Pilates and Genetics my core strength is quite good, so my expectation is quite good - The bad news is that I feel like I got hit by a truck (It was actually a Neon) and that my entire body Aches (My Right arm doesn't feel too hot) I got into see Gary Keeling on Saturday Morning - and started down the road to recovery, afterall Rugby season is only 18 odd days away. Aaen used to tell Jackman daily that he hated Neons - I'm starting to see why...

Yesterday The Black Spruce lost their Final Super League match of the Season 27-12 against the Ottawa Harlequins - it was a banner year for the Spruce who won two games and should have won at least one if not two others - good work boys, you did New Brunswick Rugby Proud.


On a Sad note Nicki got a call this morning to let her know that her longtime co-worker Dave MacDonald had passed away on Saturday - He was always the life of the party and will be sadly missed.

1 comment:

awareness said...

Hi there Mad Mac. Miss you at work. I"m glad you're on the mend.

Dave MacDonald? I knew him a long time ago. That's very sad news indeed.

Hope to see you soon.......