Saturday, July 29, 2006

We Can't All Be Beautiful...

Dad used to tell me this ( in a sarcastic tone) when I was being an ass, thinking I was better than somebody else. It always put me in my place -It's funny now that I think Dad was teaching me a life long lesson, a lesson that I learned back then, and now I've re-learned a slightly different more positive lesson with Sophie - I think the the expression should be more like "We can't all be Beautiful, but you're a Beauty"" - and that the trick is looking deep down for the beauty. The more that I think about it now, our beauty isn't really defined in how others look at us, but by how deeply we seek the beauty in others.

Everybody has something that makes them special, that makes the a beautiful person - that's very cool - because too often these days people are told what they are not - try telling someone something that they are, try telling them they are a beauty...

This is Sophie - She's definately a beauty...


And a big congrats to My Cousin Julee and Pony on the birth of their second daughter Emma Dianne who arrived on July 26th - Grampy Jim must be beaming, look forward to introducing her and Sophie.

No comments: