Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Time has Come the Walrus Said...


Dad used to say this to me nightly - usually when it was time to go to bed and it was usually followed by a reference to the Wooden Mountain, but as it turns out it's from Alice in Wonderland - or Through the Looking Glass - whichever version of the story you are more familiar with.

What got me thinking about this particular expression is the fact that we are all set to have a baby on Friday, and that we are getting tired (pun intended) of waiting , in fact I'd go so far as to say that Nic is Exhausted of waiting. So the time has come...

I am impatient by nature, maybe that's why I used to wake up Christmas morning at 4am, and why I still can't sleep before a big game - anyways as everybody tells me sleep is a precious commodity in the parenting world, but as Simon can tell you, he's an expert in this area, sleep cannot be banked, or saved up - so here's to one more sleepless night and the arrival of our first born...

'The time has come,' the Walrus said,
'To talk of many things:
Of shoes -- and ships -- and sealing wax
--Of cabbages -- and kings --
And why the sea is boiling hot --
And whether pigs have wings.'

No comments: