Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Lucky as a Pig in Shit...


This is not a true Malcolmism - he uses it plenty, but I figure he's paying royalties to a pig farmer somewhere. It's weird to think that the pig is considered lucky - because when i Was "In Shit" that wasn't good - but I guess it's all relative - because the alternative could be something like as unlucky as a pig at a BBQ - where I would consider myself to be quite lucky, but I'd guess that the pig would be wondering why it's so hot and who stuffed this apple in his mouth. I guess the point is you're lucky to feel at home somewhere.

Dad Also has an expression that deals with luck, involving a doublely endowded canine - it's a bit gross - and I guess he'd be lucky because he gets to do what he likes, and then some.

Luck is a fickle mistress - but she's fair - "the harder you work the luckier you are" - dad also says this and it's true.

So from these expressions I can draw some sweet conclusions - you are a lucky person if you are working hard doing something you like to do in a place where you feel comfortable.

I always knew I was a little lucky...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott ~ Your "Mad Mac" stories are incredible!
Fay & I enjoyed reading your most humble, yet meaningful, observations.

I can think of a "Malcolmnism"~ not a quote but a colorful description..
"ROOSTER DINK PINK"
For the life of me, I can't recall the point of impact.
Perhaps, you have heard Mack say this. Maybe it was the pink Bomber or Bug Salmon fly...