Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Watched Pot Never Boils...


This is a Nancism - I remember thinking about this as a kid as I waited for toast to pop. Over time this expression has evolved in my mind from being about food to being about growing. For the past 40 weeks we've been expecting the arrival of our little budle of joy and this past week has felt like someone hit slow motion on the DVD player of our Lives.

The big day is tomorrow - I become a Dad, Nic becomes a Mom and we have to start teaching our little one how to live life - that's a daunting task - and an adventure that we've trained our whole life for.

One might think I was going to refer to me constantly watching Nic's belly - but that isn't it at all.

I don't think watched pot expression is about cooking at all, but I think it has alot more to do with letting people live their lives, learning from their mistakes and enjoying their triumphs - so that they can figuritively boil, which in reality is a change of states, from liquid to vapour, or in life from the present to the future - evolving to a higher state - has a nice ring to it - and all this time I was waiting for the water to boil so I could add the KD and have lunch.

anyways I'm off to Lunch at the Rogue with my dad - next time I write I'll be one as well...

oh yeah , Thanks for the lesson Mom.

No comments: