Monday, February 27, 2006

Busy as a Hen Hauling Logs...


My dad is a busy guy - as you can tell : he has more than one expression for being busy - this is a very odd mental picture but I think it illustrates the amount of stress that the poor chicken would be under - Logs aren't light and Chicken aren't oxen - so there you go.

Busy is good - Canada and Cindy Klassen have been busy at the Olympics - 24 medals (5 for Klassen) - that's awesome - and good on the Swedes for winning Men's hockey - looks good for the Sens this year as well.

I'm on baby watch - waiting for those magic words "Time To Go" only 19 days left until the baby comes - I'm super excited. My work had a suprise baby shower for me last friday - I was very impressed with the generosity of all the people I work with - and the fact that they kept it a secret from me for over a month - I pride myself on knowing what's up at work and that one slipped right past - I'm glad it did, because I'm not suprised too often.

Tomorrow I give my first Esteem Team Talk - in front of a group of grade 8 kids in Stanley - I'm nervous about it - I think dad once told me that it's good to be nervous before you do something challenging, it means that you care about the outcome - I also could have picked that up from one of my team mates who actually gets physically ill before the really big games or an ABC After School Special, but I think it was dad. Anyways I'm nervous, but excited - Fake It Till You Make It - as a sports psychologist once said.

Hopefully tomorrow I make it...

No comments: