Thursday, February 16, 2006

Like Shit Through a Tin Horn...

This is dad's expression for Speed - I'm not quite sure what a Tin Horn is, or why someone would use it for that, but I guess when the two meet some major velocity is produced. While thinking about this expression one person comes to mind - Andy Newguy. That guy is fast, but I also started to think about speed and time and all of that stuff, which is kind of hard on the head frankly.

I have been to six schools in Freddy in the past two days - at Devon I ran into my grade 4 teacher Mlle. Roy - She didn't recognise me, but when informed who I was she exclaimed "little Scott MacAfee", as I was about 4'2" in grade 4 if memory serves me - she called us the Class from hell, she also informed me that - all of this happened in 1980, 26 years ago, crazy! seems like yesterday to me. Then onto George Street where former Social Studies turned Vice Principal gave me a tour of the school - big changes, same smell (very odd) - then on to Albert - the Principal asked me if I went to Albert, I said I only came to their dances, then FHS and so on. It really takes you back, I've lived a lifetime since then, but it's flown by.

WE are expecting a baby sometime in the next 29 days (My wife is hoping for fewer) and it seems like forever, but it's the waiting for something makes it better - I guess the waiting is the work that you put into something that makes it worthwhile in the end.

Today also reminded me of some words a great man once said "Life moves pretty fast sometimes, if you don't stop and look around every now and then it will pass you by" - Ferris Bueller (He influenced my Junior High career)

So today I went for a walk and looked around , not a Tin Horn in sight...

No comments: