Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Our Gang...



This is one of the best expressions that dad ever used, he wasn't talking about Spanky or Alfalfa or even Darla - he would use it to describe our family, Mom, Dad, Megs and myself - that was our gang.

He used it alot when I was a teenager and seeking independance - funnily I have always had the pleasure and the luxury of being surrounded by people that "had my back" to use some gang lingo - When I was young it was my family, then the Paceys, then all the neighbours, then various sport coaches and teams, then the Boys, then the Loyalists, and now back to the family. Now "our gang also comprises my wife and will soon comprise our first child - my own little Gang.

Teenagers never really fit in, or at least they don't believe they do, they are going through some weird wild stuff and haven't quite figured out their role - the best thing that my parents ever showed me (and my Sister, Wife, Simon, Jackman, Aaen) was that even if I never fit in, I always belonged...to "Our Gang"

So Happy Valentine's Day Gang

No comments: