Friday, February 10, 2006

You're With Me...



This full expression is "you can do anything you want, you're with me" - Dad said this to us lots as we grew up, even said it to our friends - so that they were able to do whatever they wanted to do, as long as they were with him. What a great feeling to think that anything was possible, what big dreams you could dream. Now that we've grown taller (Grown up might be a stretch) I've said this to my friends on occasion, as has my sister, funny what rubs off?

I always had the sense of unlimited possibility when I was with my Dad or my surrogate father Peter Pacey - he had a birthday yesterday - he also always filled me that feeling of "anything's possible" - afterall we were with him. Growing up I must have spent almost as much time at the Pacey's as I did at my own house. The tall tales that were told by Peter Prince, moulded my imagination (Still believe that you can start a fire inside a frozen moose and eat your way out) - coupled with actor's props and a fantastic number of hats (this could be why Peter is always involved in everything - trying to keep up to his hat collection)

Anyways, Pete, thanks for everything - hope you enjoy wearing that Birthday Hat at least until Sunday, and if you get into any trouble over the weekend tell them that you're with me...

No comments: