Monday, January 23, 2006

Come Big or Stay Home...


Dad says this is an expression from playing cards, something you would tell your Partner - but it's also a good way to go through life.

I spent the weekend in Training to be part of "The Esteem Team" - it was a good weekend, but tiring - the Esteem Team goes into schools and their presenters telling stories of about their sport or life experince in the hope that it gives kids some lessons that they could take away. It was fun having to remember the stories and then trying to pull a lesson out of them, It was cool that Simon and I were a part of most of the stories that the other person had, that or you had heard them so often they've almost become your own - I was impressed by the progress that everyone made over two short days - and by Sunday afternoon we were starting to look like old pros. One of the topics I'm going to speak to in my presentation is "The more you put in to something, the more you'll get out of it" - which is, kinda like, "Come Big or Stay Home" So I guess I'm going to spread some of Malcolm's wisdom.

I know that this is something that crossed my mind when our Rugby club decided that we would go to try to win the national championship in Edmonton this coming May - We are setting our Goals high, and I know that we will acheive them - So we're coming big and I don't think anybody is staying home...

No comments: