Sunday, January 08, 2006

Good Things Come in Small Packages...

This may not be a Malcolm Original, but it was certainly used by him enough to encourage me as I was "growing up", I use that term loosely as I was never very tall( 4'7" in Grade 4) or very Heavy (160 lbs in first Year at UNB) but my parents always told me this - they never explained that I was the good thing, but that's what I understood that to mean - we now have a small package of our own on the way(she may not be that small, she is a MacAfee afterall - she should be here just in time for St. Patrick's Day - Might Cramp my day long drinking at the Rogue, but she will be well worth it, and that would be a fantastic birthday to have.

Thinking about becoming a dad is very exciting, mostly because it gets me thinking about how good my dad was/is to me, and how much I admire him, he's going through a rough patch at the moment and I'm glad that I can be there for him. I look forward to spending time with my daughter, teaching her, learning from her but mostly just enjoying the world through a new pair of eyes (bloodshot from sleep deprivation as I understand).

So I guess good things also come FROM small packages - see you soon Baby Mac.

No comments: