Sunday, January 01, 2006

Dance with the girl that Brung ya...


This is a great piece of advice that my dad once imparted to me - it means that you have to deal with the situation that presents itself to you. I've just returned from my uncle's funeral - it was sad, he was young, a vibrant personality who did alot for his community, was exactly where he wanted to be, doing exactly the thing he wanted to do with the people he loved. Funerals and wakes are weird, they are almost like a dinner party (lots of food, good company and drinks) except that the person who would most enjoy the crowd has passed away - My uncle would have loved the past four days - The entire family was there, his house was full, there were lots of funny stories being told, and to top it off we got storm stayed in Plaster Rock. My cousin Margaret was so strong through the entire thing - you can tell that Micheal raised her, she is wise and composed beyond her years, just like Micheal. I can see why he lived there, it is quiet and very beautiful, a perfet place to Ski, Canoe, read and spend time with the people that meant the most to him.

So now we go on with our lives, do the best the can, smile when we remember and shead tears when we miss him. I guess we all have to keep on dancin'... but sometimes the girl is a lousy partner.

No comments: