Wednesday, January 04, 2006

He could have fun in the Geary woods...


This Blog came about because one of my best friends asked me to come up with a list some of the more colourful expressions that my father has used over the years - Which got me thinking about all useful and odd advice that I've received from my dad - which lead me to want to somehow share this advice, mixed with some of my own and use this as a forum to clear some of my thoughts.

Why would you listen to Malcolm? Why wouldn't you? He's a great guy and a snappy dresser... I think this is the perfect compliment, but he's also one of my most favorite people. He's always been there for me, and my sister, my family, all of our family, all of our friends, all of his friends - he's always there. If you ask him for something he'll always say "no" first - I guess if it was important enough you'll ask again and have some reasons why you feel he should say yes - and he often does. He has great stories which mostly involve him and his friends or family having fun somewhere. When you walk around downtown with Malcolm, he knows everyone, this isn't the cool part, the cool part is that everyone always has a smile on their face and a joyful greeting when the see him - you can't beat that.

As the title of this blog suggests - an important characteristic of all of my dad friends is their abilty to see the lighter side of life, and to make to most out of every moment. Which could be the lesson that dad may have been trying to impart all the times that he said that about someone he admired, that hopefully it would rub off on us and the we too could make the most out of our moments and indeed have fun in the Geary woods, or then again maybe I am wrong and there is some super fun bar in the Geary woods- you never know...

No comments: