Saturday, January 28, 2006

It's Like Lugging Around a Bungalow...



Hadn't heard this one before - it's a good one - Dad was expressing his relief in finding out that my mom was healthy - There was the possibilty that Cancer was about to re-enter our lives, but thankfully mom is fine. The waiting is the hard part, it always is, just like my last posting, living each moment as hard as you can is the best way to keep your mind off the things that will or won't happen, good or bad.

Just 7 more weeks - then I am a full on dad - I can't sleep sometimes I'm so excited - I do realise that I'll have to make up a bunch of expressions and teach our little one life lessons, I hope that I'll be able to be as colourful with my expressions as dad is with his. I'm sure that I'll use some of these, most likely when the baby gets older (18+ for some of them).

It's funny what rubs off on kids - One time many years ago - my entire family was sitting around on a warm summer night - and my Sister Meghan was 3 or 4 years old - and her needs weren't being met, she tried being nice and hoping for the best - then she decided to take matters into her own hands - she yelled "Pass The Goddamn Lobster" - I almost cried I was laughing so hard - my Grandmother got a big kick out of it as well I think she told that she should say "please", I think Megs learned the lesson of "Time and Place" - which is a good one to learn early.

we were out at Katie's (Meghan's Best Friend) TTFN party tonight - It's hard letting people leave your life, but Katie is fantastic and will be a Superstar down in New Zealand.

...and hey a Bungalow on the hill is selling for $229,000 - so put down the one that you are lugging around, stick a sign out in front of it - and hopefully you'll be rewarded accordingly...

No comments: