Friday, January 06, 2006

Two Canoes and an Irish Retreiver...


This phrase was uttered to me countless times, Dad always ads this onto any list he makes up - for instance if that kid from Sesame Street were going to the store for my father he would pick up a loaf of bread, a quart of milk a pound of butter, two canoes and an Irish retreiver. I think he would have a harder time getting home, but that would be the list - I asked dad recently what was the story behind that expression and he told me a limerick about an affair between a Pervert and a symbol of Canada (The Beaver) - and that the product of their affection was a canvasback duck, two canoes and an Irish Retreiver. The actual limerick is far too rude to commit to this blog, but who knew that all those times when I instictively added it to peoples lists I was actually being quite rude. The wisdom that you aquire as an adult certainly sheds some light on many childhood experiences.

This blog has given me some insight into my own life, and the life of my father - he is a silly man, so am I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What/Where/When is this picture from?