Saturday, January 14, 2006

You don't Stop Wrestling a Gorilla when YOU get Tired...



Now this is a good expression, I don't think It's a dad original and the one he most often uses has a slight Variation - but this is a family show and we aim to keep it that way.

Have you ever been mauled by a 200 lb Gorilla? You're about to be...

What got me thinking about this expression was - we just got back from King Kong - great film - crappy ending - I'm always rooting for Kong. This expression is a funny one, because it leaves the punch line to the listener, a type of assumption that the person that hears it knows enough about wrestling Gorillas to know that you stop when the Ape is tired - I guess this expression could be about doing things half assed, my wife is always telling me to use my whole ass - But I've also heard this expression at half times of rugby games to remind us that the fight isn't over until that final whistle blows, that's when you can stop with the Monkey Wrestling.

Do it your best, until it's done - Never Ever Give Up, If it was important enough to start, it's important enough to finish.

No comments: