Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Smarten up and Fly Right...


This phrase was uttered to me countless times as I was growing up - It's not complicated, I always thought it had something to do with a duck that was flying upside down, but it's a good note to start this new year on. Here are some things that I intend on doing this year to make my life more enjoyable.

1. Go to bed earlier (10 pm)– get up earlier (6am)
2. Do cardio every morning
3. drink more water
4. go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week
5. no more fast food
6. take vitamins
7. eat more fruit
8. have a green veggie in every meal
9. eat breakfast
10. eat smaller lunches
11. Spend more time with my wife
12. Do more push ups / sit ups
13. save more money
14. Only eat 1 meal per meal (I tend to go back for seconds, very Hobbit like of me)
15. Become a great father
16. Spend more time with my family
17. set aside time to have fun
18. Read more
19. Spend More time on the River (My Happy Place)

Everybody should make a list (Only put things on it that you really want to do) put it somewhere where you'll see it all the time and use it as a reminder of the person that you wanted to become on January 1st.

Turns out that the "Smartening up" was easy - it's the "Flying Right" that's hard.

So here's to good weather, a strong tail wind - and a great 2006

No comments: