Wednesday, January 18, 2006

He'd Have To stand on a Brick to Kick a Duck in the Ass...

Getting ready to kick some ducks...

Now at first reading this quote (a favorite of many) would be plain and simple about a short person - For some reason this person of diminished size has a beef with a Duck, and decides to settle the score by giving him a kick in the tail feathers, but because he is so small he needs to bring a brick (or a bucket...he's used this one as well) with him to stand on to be able to perform the desired action.

That's a funny mental picture, and That's all it might be a funny expression used to make light of the fact that the person was small of stature... or it could be a hidden lesson in problem solving - if you can't do what you want to do (Kick the Duck) with what you have (vertically challenged) you get what you need (Brick/Bucket) so that you can get through your roadblock...

That might be a stretch...

Problem solving is an important everday skill - If you are of a competetive nature you could think of it as picking up your game to meet life's daily challenges, because that's really what it is.

So back to Kicking Ducks - when I was 5 or 6 my Dad brought me to one of his friend's farm, and while he was talking I decided that I wanted to go and pat the swans or geese (whatever they were) anyways they aren't friendly birds and snaped at me, and chased me out of their pen, as I was climbing over the fence I got a nice bite to my rear - I imagine a similar scenario as to why the short guy wanted to kick that duck so bad.

On another note - dad told me a story about being at the Lunar Rogue, when some guy kicked a pigeon, which litterally scared the shit out the bird, which ended up all over a table of obnoxious patrons - I guess that's why you'd kick ducks, not Pigeons...

No comments: